Multiple transactions are written to the t-log of the DB.

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

TracySchnackenbeck

Multiple transactions are written to the t-log of the DB.

Post by TracySchnackenbeck » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 am

I am working with Vault at EDS, I have been told by Bob Rhoads and Ed Lorenz that Linda Bauer is our contact.

We are experiencing issues with vault and getting session timeout messages and slow response. We have looked into this and noticed anytime someone checks something out the Vault DB t-log file goes from almost empty to 2GB immediately.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:32 am

We're working with Tracy via phone and email. We think the checkouts are causing the checkout list to grow exponentially, thus causing the transaction log to grow quickly as well.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

TracySchnackenbeck

Post by TracySchnackenbeck » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:03 pm

We have switched from full recovery mode to simple recovery mode. We have been monitoring the checkout lists with the query that Linda Bauer had suggested. It is still increasing in size and it is supposed to be decreasing cleaning up the old files. If we switch back to full recovery mode on Tuesday as suggested will will be crashing out system again. Please respond to this post, I will be monitoring today.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:50 pm

Is the transaction log still filling up? The main purpose of changing to simple recovery was to keep the transaction log from filling up and stopping all Vault operations for the next few days.

If the old checkoutlists are still not cleaning up, we'll need to do a more in-depth analysis of your database to determine what the problem is.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager