Undo Checkout issue

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Undo Checkout issue

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:33 am

I am using VS.NET 2003 with vault 2.0.1. When I check out a file using VS IDE and then make a change. Then decide I don't want the change and "Undo" checkout the file goes to Renegade in Vault and does not rollback in VS.NET 2003 to previous vault version.

The expected result should be I undo checkout and the file reloads without the changes I made after I checked it out.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:50 am

Yes, the default for undo checkout is to leave the file alone, but you can change this via advanced options in the undo checkout dialog (upper left icon).

See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=782 for a more complete writeup.

We've decided to make "revert" the default in our next release, since this has caused so many problems.

Don Thimsen

Post by Don Thimsen » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:11 pm

dan wrote:We've decided to make "revert" the default in our next release, since this has caused so many problems.
Dan,

When you make "revert" the default, could you also make sure that the revert honors the Vault Options>Local Files>Modified working copy: Overwrite with "Prompt before overwriting locally modifed files".

We'd like revert to be smart enough to see that the repository version no longer matches the local copy, and warn that the revert is going to overwrite our work.

Thanks,
Don

dan

Post by dan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:28 am

Don Thimsen wrote:When you make "revert" the default, could you also make sure that the revert honors the Vault Options>Local Files>Modified working copy: Overwrite with "Prompt before overwriting locally modifed files".
This is on our bug list (reported by you, actually :) ), and scheduled for the next major release. Changing the undo to revert by default was going to be part of a minor 2.0.3 release, since it is very low impact.