Dynamically assigning licenses to users

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dechristopher

Dynamically assigning licenses to users

Post by dechristopher » Fri May 14, 2004 8:43 am

Can you explain what this functionality is? I see it listed as a bug fix in 4.0.1 and I am curious to know how you dynamically assign a license to a user. We currently are using version 3.5.3 and have 10 licenses, each license is tied to one user, so I'd really like to understand how to set this up dynamically since we may need a few more users to have access occasionally, but never all at the same time.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 17, 2004 9:59 am

You can add user names to the Users tab of the SOS Server Manager or users can just log in to the SOS Server, and the server will automatically (dynamically) add their names to the list of users. Each username in the list takes up a license. If you have ten licenses and ten usernames in the Users tab, no other users can log in.

This is not the same as concurrent licensing, which is not supported by SOS. Each person accessing the SOS Server needs a license. However if a user leaves the project, you can delete their username from the users tab and allow a new user to log in and take up the license.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager