SccGet on local path crashes on changed files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

scc

SccGet on local path crashes on changed files

Post by scc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:30 am

Hi,

SccGet() on a single folder (in my case the local path) is working only as long as all files in the local workspace are totally unchanged.

When a single file is checked out and edited locally (or not checked out and edited) (i.e. different to repository) SccGet on that folder crashes with an 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

In contrast a SccGet on the specific changed files (file mode) is no problem - it shows the messagebox for replace/leave and does the choosen action correctly. Only the folder version crashes.

When files are locally deleted there are no problems, the will be silently restored by the command.

I'm using the newest version of SourceOffSite (4.2.0 Professional C/S) together with SourceSafe 2005.

The hosting application (IDE) is tested against 20 different working scc plugins now, therefore the call can be assumed correct. The debugger shows a correct call of SccGet() with a single folder and the SCC_GET_ALL|SCC_GET_RECURSIVE option before it crashes.

Also I have noticed occassionally crashes in SccDiff() and SccGetProjPath() but didn't go into it - but maybe they have the same reason. But in generall SccDiff() and SccGetProjPath() seem to work. All other used functions by us also seem to work.

Regards

lbauer

Re: SccGet on local path crashes on changed files

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:17 pm

We could use more information about what you are doing.

How are you using SccGet()? Are you trying to integration SOS with an unsupported IDE? If so, what IDE are you using?

Does the operation work if you use the SOS GUI Client?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

scc

Post by scc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:19 am

Hi, again

No, the SOS client does not crash in that case, but does it use the scc plugin internally for it's work or is it only based on similar "api" functions?

Yes, it is a new IDE, but I cannot provide more information about the IDE at the moment (confidential) - it is still in progress. But as said works with many other plugins (also with Vault :-) ) in the same calling sequence. Tried it again today with same crash in SccGet().

Regards
Gerhard

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:53 am

Gerhard contacted us via email, HelpSpot 214556.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager