Several ongoing issues with SourceOffsite

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sethperelman

Several ongoing issues with SourceOffsite

Post by sethperelman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 pm

We have been using SourceOffsite for several years, with VSS as the back-end. On my computer I repeatedly see:
1. Every few days the project tree shows duplicate entries -- every item is repeated anywhere from 1-5 times or more.
2. One of my projects has the working folder change every time I open that project in Visual Studio 2008. When this happens, I have to change the working folder back, and then SOS shows "unknown" as the status for all files.
3. SOS freqently loses the status of local files, and just shows "unknown" or "needs merge" even though the file has not changed. The often happens within 24 hours of checking in files.

Note that all of these issues happened on my previous computer as well. A few months ago I got a new computer and installed everything from scratch, and have the same issues.

On other developer's computer here, periodically SOS loses everything, and he has to reset the bindings in Visual Studio.

How do we get these problems fixed?

My about screen shows "version 4.2.x" and below that it says "Version 4.2". On the server SosService.exe shows a date of 9/21/2006 10:03am and shows Version 4.2.

Thank you.

lbauer

Re: Several ongoing issues with SourceOffsite

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:47 am

Every few days the project tree shows duplicate entries -- every item is repeated anywhere from 1-5 times or more.
Sounds like there are problems with the client-side cache, which stores information about file retrieval times and the state of the project tree.

Do you get disconnected a lot from SourceOffSite -- are you dealing with any network instability?

We'd like to see a copy of the SOS Server log. The SOS Server log is called log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory on the SOS Server machine. Send it zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sethperelman

Post by sethperelman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I have no network issues. Our SOS server is a dedicated server at a hosting provider as we are a virtual company. I often move my laptop around, so I would get disconnected when I do that, but otherwise I have a very reliable internet connection.

I emailed you the server log.

Seth

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 pm

You mentioned offline that you see this problem with both VS 2008 and VB 6. Since VS 2008 is not yet fully supported, we'd like to troubleshoot further with VB 6. I sent an email via our Help system on this, case 214707.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager