Status from command line

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

franrein

Status from command line

Post by franrein » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 am

Command-line should have the possibility of being able to retrieve all the files of a project that has a certain status. Basically it should support the same options that the Client UI does. Integration is practically impossible if you don't provide this command.

Also, the output of the command-line should have the option of specificy a output file instead of always use the output screen.

The output of the command-line is really difficult to parse because it does not have a well-defined structure. A XML output would be ideal.

For us, developers, is not understandable that the command-line does not comply with well-known common-practices of software development.

Beth

Re: Status from command line

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:24 pm

On the first item, I will put in a feature request for you.
F: 13927

For the output, redirecting is an option in most command lines. If I was running the command in Windows, I would use either > then the file name or >> and the file name to redirect the output.

I will look into how you would do the third part and post back.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

franrein

Post by franrein » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:08 am

Thanks for the response but I'd like to point out that the status feature has been resquested in 2004, you may take a look to this topic http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 2163#p7868.

I am just amazed that since 2004 your development team did not implement this feature. Feature, by the way, that is 100% reasonable. I hope it does not take 4 years to put this in place.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:03 pm

I took note of the old thread and have mentioned this to one of the developers working on the next release. Often we get more requests in than what can make a release. Your feedback has been noted though. Thanks.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

franrein

Post by franrein » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:06 am

Apparently, there is a bug request for it already (#13489). See post http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 25&e=47125

I just hope it is included on next release because it is definetely a must.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks for your feedback.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager