Local Version Numbers Keep Reverting to Old Values

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bsardinha

Local Version Numbers Keep Reverting to Old Values

Post by bsardinha » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi,

Using SourceOffsite version 4.0.2 as my default SCC provider, if I have VB6 open at the same time as SourceOffsite and then I switch back to SourceOffsite, SOS refreshes itself and the Local Version numbers of my recently accessed files are being set back to some previous version. This causes the file to be marked as either Needs Merge or Renegade. This behavior was not happening before. The only things that have changed recently is our office changed locations so it's possible some change happened on the server side and I recently upgraded my computer to the latest version of Internet Explorer. Because of this, I can't be sure if it's something on the client-side or the server-side. Any idea why this might be happening and what I might be able to do to correct this?

Thanks!

Barbara

lbauer

Re: Local Version Numbers Keep Reverting to Old Values

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 pm

The first think I would suggest is to delete the SOS client side cache. There may be info that's out of sync with the database.

To restore this cache file, you must recreate it by first deleting the existing '<databaseX>.sos' file. These are the steps:

1. Exit the SOS Client.

2. Locate the SOS Client "Servers" folder, which can be found in:
-- SOS 3.x -- the SourceOffSite folder on the SOS Client machine,
-- SOS 4.x -- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS on the SOS Client machine

In the Servers folder, there should be one or more folders named after VSS databases that the Client has connected to since installation.

These folders contain cache file(s) called '<databaseX>.sos' from which the client machine retrieves the file list information.

3. In the folder named after the VSS database with which you are experiencing this problem, make a backup copy of the '<databaseX>.sos' file and then delete the file. Next time you connect to the database from the Client, a new '<databaseX>.sos' file will be created.

Please note that deleting the '<databaseX>.sos' file will force the SOS Client to retrieve the project tree afresh next time you connect to the SOS Server. Therefore, it might take some time. You would also have to reset all working folders.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager