soscmd.exe usage

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

soscmd.exe usage

Post by Jared Sullivan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi,

Trying to get soscmd to do some batch processing, however it just leaves the file status up in air..

-command CheckOutFile
"C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite\soscmd.exe" -command CheckOutFile -server 203.113.252.xx:8080 -name jared -password xxxxxxx -database E:\vss\srcsafe.ini -project $/apps/mytickets/_web -file file1.php,file2.php -soshome "C:\Users\Jared\AppData\Roaming\SourceGear\SOS"

-command CheckInFile
"C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite\soscmd.exe" -command CheckInFile -server 203.113.252.xx:8080 -name jared -password xxxxxxx -database E:\VSS\srcsafe.ini -project $/apps/mytickets/_web -file c:\projects\apps\mytickets\_web\file1.php,c:\projects\apps\mytickets\_web\file2.php -soshome "C:\Users\Jared\AppData\Roaming\SourceGear\SOS"

If the file was edited the status is "Needs Merge" otherwise is "Renegade" as reported by SOS Explorer.

Q. What is the severity of "Needs Merge" and "Renegade"?
Q. How do you make soscmd work in harmony with SOS Explorer?
Q. Is there a step I am missing?

Thanks
Jared Sullivan

Jared Sullivan

Re: soscmd.exe usage

Post by Jared Sullivan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm

OK, so I think it has something to do with database1.sos which never increments the version by 1, so local version is 1 click behind remote version. I would of though soscmd.exe would of worked bit better with sos explorer data file.

Q. Is this known issue?
Q. Does SOS 5 Preview fix this?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Do you have the SOS Client open when you are running these commands?

Since both are writing to the same home directory, both Clients should not be run at the same time.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Jared Sullivan

Post by Jared Sullivan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:21 pm

No, client is closed. I really don't understand how soscmd.exe has ability to increment version number on checkin if -soshome parameter is only passed to -checkout command and the -checkin command is not -soshome compatiable and also has no ability to view scope of previous command since the previous dos session will always be destroyed.

Maybe you could have engineer double check that (soscmd -checkout/-checkin) works 100% with .sos database when making a *change* to a text file in SCC ssytem.

As a test work order. Using Win 7 -soshome "C:\Users\Jared\AppData\Roaming\SourceGear\SOS"

Thanks
Jared Sullivan.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:47 am

Using -soshome or even -workdir doesn't work on Windows 7 with SOS 4.2. I was able to reproduce the Needs Merge and Unknown statuses you are seeing.

I'll try this with SOS 5. It should be fully compatible with Windows 7, and if not, we'll fix it.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager