What is the path limit for SOS 4.2

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

amartinez

What is the path limit for SOS 4.2

Post by amartinez » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 pm

when i do a recursive get of a parent folder not all files are downloaded. I receive an "unable to open file" error for some files, the SOS 4.2 client does not hang it continues to try and download the rest of the files.

If i then set the working folder to a folder named "temp", and download the skipped files individually i don't have any problems.

I noticed that some of the paths to these files are very long, some as long as 150+ characters. I suspect the path might be too long for SOS, What is the path limit for SOS 4.2?

Beth

Re: What is the path limit for SOS 4.2

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:48 pm

I think the path character limit would be something like 256. I would need to check. VSS has this same character limit, so it would not be something we could override.

I would have expected it to prevent the file from being added though if the path was too long. To find out what might be happening, you should check your SOS server log found in the location where the SOS server was installed. By default that path is C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite Server. Are any errors logged?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support