Get Latest Paradigm

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

Get Latest Paradigm

Post by Jared Sullivan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi,

I often use VSS\SOS to store DLLs, when these are updated via various organizations i.e. (codeplex.com) I delete the old one from server using VSS Explorer, and re-add it, when I get latest version from my remote machine it reports version is 1, and the Get Latest version fails. Event edit fails to update version.

This sounds OK by itself as a feature, but then I push "Refresh File List" and that fails too. So my question is how do I work around this, Refresh File List seems a bit shallow, and do you have plans to add MD5 to file versions as well, since I can make version 1 different to version 1 on my remote machine.

BTW, only way to pull it down is to delete old DLL from my remote machine and do average Get or Check out.

Thanks
Jared Sullivan

Beth

Re: Get Latest Paradigm

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:25 am

When you perform the Get, what options are you choosing? Are you allowing it to overwrite, or are you using the Attempt Automatic Merge?

I think what is happening is that as far as the cache knows, everything is up to date. A show differences should update that as well as a check out.

I'm checking to see what is the best way to deal with this and will post back.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support