SOS 5 - Checking in from Pending Checkings pane

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

hamish

SOS 5 - Checking in from Pending Checkings pane

Post by hamish » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:03 am

Having just upgraded from SOS 3 to 5 the first feature I tried out was the 'Pending Checkins' pane. I went through and carefully deselected all the projects I wanted to keep checked out then pressed the 'check in' button. This had no effect. I thought perhaps it was related to projects that might be in an unknown state so I deselected everything but one project. Still no error and no action.

My next approach was to request recursive checkins one project at a time using the original folders pane. This worked for most projects (and the 'Pending Checkins' pane updated nicely), but for many the client stopped responding and never came back. I had to break these projects into smaller chunks to successfully check then in.

In summary, it took a long time to tidy up my checked out projects, probably even longer than 3.5.3, which I was using previously. Two colleagues have confirmed the 'Pending Checkins' problem, but not yet the freezing problem.

Could this be because these projects weren't checked out with this version of the client and server? Is this an early bug or is there something I can do to make it work as expected?

preeti.aiyer

Re: SOS 5 - Checking in from Pending Checkings pane

Post by preeti.aiyer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:51 am

We were unable to reproduce this bug by following the steps that you have outlined in the ticket.
Could you please tell us the status of the files and if any message was in the output window for the project that did not get checked in?

-Preeti

hamish

Post by hamish » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 am

In the project I just tried, a few of the files were checked in but most were left. There were messages in the output window giving the names of the few files that worked. The last message said the it had been completed successfully. From the small sample I tried today, all the files I found that didn't check in were of status 'unknown'. This accounts for the majority for files I have checked out but doesn't normally stop me from checking things in. In fact I was able to successfully check the same project recursively using the right click menu in the source tree.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 pm

The pending checkout list is really meant to work within the confines of SourceOffSite 5. That means the file should really be checked out and retrieved with SOS 5, as well as checked in or undone from within the application. The fact the file was unknown may have lead to the problem.

The fact the file was "unknown" or did not have a working folder would cause this behavior. If you still have problems when the file is checked out and checked in from within the GUI where the status is "missing", "<blank>", "edited", or "needs merged" let us know.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear