Label Comments SOS 5.0.1

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Cynthia

Label Comments SOS 5.0.1

Post by Cynthia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 am

I recently upgraded to the above version from 3.5.3. I seem to be missing the Label Comments that are filled in with all of the info regarding that release. I checked in VSS and they are still there. Is there a way to see these in SOS?

Also if no comments were entered on a particular check in I see that the comment from the last entered comment is carried forward. Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks

lbauer

Re: Label Comments SOS 5.0.1

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am

This could be a bug or it might depend on the version of SourceSafe client that's installed on the SOS Server machine.

To determine the SourceSafe Automation Component (ssapi.dll) version used by SOS Server, look in the SOS Server Manager under the System Info Path->SSAPI.DLL Path. At the end of the pathname, you'll see the SourceSafe Automation Component version.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Cynthia

Post by Cynthia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks for the reply. The ssapi.dll version listed is: 6.0.31222.0

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 pm

On further investigation, this appears to be a known issue, bug 474 in our item tracking database. I've bumped it up in priority and we shall try to fix this in a maintenance release.

Label comments were fine in SOS 3.5.3 and 4.2.

On the comments being re-used: I think this determined by the option set in the VSS Client on the SOS Server machine. The SOS Server uses the SourceSafe Automation Component from the VSS Client to communicate with the VSS database. Look in the VSS client under Tools->Options->General->Reuse last comment.

However, I couldn't reproduce the comments problem on my own system,so if my suggestion doesn't help, send me steps to reproduce and let me know what version of VSS you're using on the SOS Server machine -- details in my previous post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager