Retrieving changed files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

michaelpitt

Re: Retrieving changed files

Post by michaelpitt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi Jeff,

As I said previously, our solution has approx 151 folders, but the VSS database has about 1100 folders (projects) total and is about 1GB.

Cheers,
Michael

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Michael,

I've found something in the treatment of the cache for file status edited, current, unknown, etc. Send an email to sosbeta AT sourcegear DOT com and I'll get you some instructions to try this out to see if it resolves the problem.

Thanks for your help.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

michaelpitt

Post by michaelpitt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:54 am

Hi Jeff,

Thank you.
I have run build 282 and it seems to solve the problem. Files appear to be staying in sync properly. Well done.

Unfortunately I have another problem. (Not sure if it should be a separate thread or not.)

Part of our solution is a Setup project and this contains a number of third party DLLs. It is, of course, vital that when these are got from the repository they are timestamped with the timestamp they had when they were checked in.

I have set the File Settings option for "Set Date/Time on Local Files" to "Modification". When I do a recursive Get Latest on a project hierarchy it sets the timestamps on the files directly in the selected folder to their modification date (as long as it actually does get the files - e.g. I delete them first), but files in all the sub-folders are set to Current date. I am assuming this is incorrect behaviour.

Cheers,
Michael

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 am

Michael,

I'll look into the dates before the release.

Thanks for the report.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 am

Michael,

The Check-In or modification timestamps on files will be addressed in SOS 5.0.2 along with the Unknown File / CRC on Get issues.

Look for the maintenance release to be out today (March 31, 2010).
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear