3 requests for 5.0.1

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

3 requests for 5.0.1

Post by Jared Sullivan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi,

3 small points with 5.0.1.

1. Adding files/folders to SOS via SHELL Drop & Drag often leads to 50%+ re-jections. MessageBox("Files were changed outside of sourceoffsite and will not be added").
2. Performing GET on 100kb file over ADSL2 displays the progress bar so fast that the user sees nothing.
[*] If the user has the latest version and a GET is performed, PLEASE LOG THAT TO OUTPUT WINDOW ("Already have latest $/scripts/script 1.sql")
[*] If the user doesn't have the 100k file, please flash the progres bar for 250 or 500 milliseconds on completion of the GET(s).
3. At the end of each week I like to search for any checked out files and check them in, although the icon in the search window doesn't reflect check-ins.

Thanks
Jared Sullivan

jclausius

Re: 3 requests for 5.0.1

Post by jclausius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Jared,

There is no code within SourceOffSite that pulls up a messagebox or any kind of dialog which states, "Files were changed outside of sourceoffsite and will not be added." That must be coming from a base library or Windows itself.

What is the source of the files? Are they on a local disk subsystem or across a network?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

Post by Jared Sullivan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks for confirming. Files are on a SysDrive. I was playing around with System.IO.FileSystemWatcher

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStu ... temwatcher
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStu ... esign-time

It probably went away with my workarounds above.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:45 pm

OK, we'll consider the Drag&Drop issue resolved.

In regards to the checked out files, highlight a folder and invoke Status Search (or Ctrl+S) to look for checked out files. Note there is a bug that this does not work correctly in some VSS databases. It might work for you, but if not, this will be fixed in the upcoming SOS 5.0.2 release.

As for everything else, I'll place your other two requests down for consideration in a future release of SOS.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

Post by Jared Sullivan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Sorry, error is still occuring.

1. The error is meangless
2. Always works on 2nd attempt
3. I had no toher applications open at the time(although I open/close VS projects).

Thanks
Jared Sullivan
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (163.93 KiB) Viewed 8396 times

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 am

Jared,

Is the error message in this screen shot different than the one you listed above?

"SourceOffSite data files were modified by another application and were reloaded."
vs.
"Files were changed outside of sourceoffsite and will not be added."

The message seen in the screen shot will occur when multiple instances of SOS are running, and one of them changes the folder tree skeleton or assigns a working folder - causing the cache files to become stale. This can happen within the GUI client while opening / closing an IDE client as the IDE client will make working folder assignments while opening the project. This has been tweaked in the upcoming SOS 5.0.2 release to minimize the occurrence of this state.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear