How to connect to same database via different IP addresses

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mstoltze

How to connect to same database via different IP addresses

Post by mstoltze » Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi, I need to connect to a sourcesafe database via SOS (5.0.2) via two different IP addresses. When I am working in my home office I connect via a secure (port 8081) over a public IP address, port forwarded to the source offsite server computer. When I am working on-site I cannot access the database via that same public IP address, but I can access it as a local computer by name and it is at a local (private) IP address. When I do this SourceOffsite thinks that these are different databases.

Is there a way to tell SOS that these two addresses are synonyms such that it will treat the database accessed through these addresses as one and the same database?

If this cannot be done, is there a way to update SOS's knowledge of the database short of re-getting everything?

Thanks!

Beth

Re: How to connect to same database via different IP addresses

Post by Beth » Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 am

The cache information is specific to the machine you connect to. One thing you might try is connecting to the machine name, but in your hosts file put the IP address of what you want it to connect to.

If that doesn't work, then you might going to your SOS cache and renaming your cache folder to whichever IP you are connecting to. You cache is typically in %username%\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support