Getting error message: An error occurred storing the file

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

qh001

Getting error message: An error occurred storing the file

Post by qh001 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:17 am

Hi,

I get an error message when I click on some folders in the explorer tree. After this message, the file status will all turn to "unknown".

------------message--------------
An error occurred storing the file [2] - C:\Documents and Settings\huiqi\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\SourceOffSite\servers\010000000011\DB1\I\I20?0FF.8=7. C:\Documents and Settings\huiqi\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\SourceOffSite\servers\010000000011\DB1\I\I20?0FF.8=7 contains an incorrect path.
------------------------------------

My SOS version is 5.0.3. Could you give me any help?

Thanks,
Hui

Beth

Re: Getting error message: An error occurred storing the fil

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 pm

The location the error has listed is part of the cache. Clearing it so that it gets recreated might clear up the issue.

-Close all instances of SourceOffSite and any programs you have integrated with it.
-Go to C:\Documents and Settings\huiqi\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\SourceOffSite.
-Rename the SourceOffSite folder.
-Open the SourceOffSite GUI client, and click on one folder. Do you get an error?
-Set a working folder to a new, blank working folder and perform a Get.
-After the get, do you receive any errors from clicking on folders? Click on one and make sure you can see it's contents before moving to the next folder.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

qh001

Post by qh001 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi Beth,

I delete the bad cache file VSSFLDRS.SOS in the "DB1" folder and get the database again. Now it is ok.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Hui

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 am

To prevent this issue in the future, you might try setting SOS to not use extended characters. There is a KB article about extended characters posted here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 14&t=13346.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support