How SourceOffSite server handle user license allocation?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ASmayank

Post by ASmayank » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:20 am

Is SOS server Manager releases licenses after user end their sessions or idle connections?

Or Is there any settings on SOS server, by which the idle user's and licenses can be released automatically?

Beth

Re: How SourceOffSite server handle user license allocation?

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 am

The SourceOffSite (SOS) license is per user, not per connection. After you put in the license key, you don't need to enter in users. Instead, as each user logs in, SOS checks the user's login against VSS. If it's valid, SOS will add the user to the list of SOS users. The user isn't removed from SOS after they log off. If you have 10 SOS license keys, then the first 10 to log in gets those license keys and the 11th person cannot log in.

If a user leaves the company or no longer needs the key, you can free up the license they occupied by going into the SOS Server Manager and removing the user's name from the User's tab.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beshoy

Post by Beshoy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:03 am

Beth wrote:The SourceOffSite (SOS) license is per user, not per connection. After you put in the license key, you don't need to enter in users. Instead, as each user logs in, SOS checks the user's login against VSS. If it's valid, SOS will add the user to the list of SOS users. The user isn't removed from SOS after they log off. If you have 10 SOS license keys, then the first 10 to log in gets those license keys and the 11th person cannot log in.

If a user leaves the company or no longer needs the key, you can free up the license they occupied by going into the SOS Server Manager and removing the user's name from the User's tab.
When I try yo login with INVALID user, I find this invalid user in the list of SOS users and it gets one of my licenses even though its an INVALID user.
How can I solve this issue? SOS 5.0

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:29 pm

For other users, the answer to the last post is in this thread: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 10&t=16020.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support