user cannot login 4.2.1 linux

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

five0.4tluv

user cannot login 4.2.1 linux

Post by five0.4tluv » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 am

This user has no issues logging into VSS. SOS he cannot. I've delete his .sos dir and tried many times. I can login using his same machine so I know they setup is good. What am I missing?

lbauer

Re: user cannot login 4.2.1 linux

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am

Is this a new problem? Was this user able to log in before?

What error message does he get?

Can he log in from an SOS Client on a different machine?

If you can log in from the SOS Client on his machine, it's possible all the SOS licenses are used up in the SOS Server. When an SOS user logs in to the SOS Server, his VSS username is automatically added to the Users tab of the SOS Server Manager (in the SOS Server directory). There must be an SOS license for each user. So if you have 5 licenses and 5 different users log in, no new users can connect to SOS Server.

Check the SOS log file to see if there are any more clues to what's going on. The SOS Server log is called log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory on the SOS Server machine.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

five0.4tluv

Post by five0.4tluv » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 am

the issue is that sometimes the /users/* directory ownership gets changed. I have to go back into there and change back to correct ownership. I think something in VSS sometimes changes this.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Ok. Let us know if there appears to be a problem with SOS, rather than a VSS issue.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager