Unable to view the database even after successfull login

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Kunal

Unable to view the database even after successfull login

Post by Kunal » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 am

Hi,

I am facing a serious issue where after I login in to SOS I am not able to view any of the folders or files in the database. Basically I see an empty database. Where else other menbers of my team are able to see folders/files in the database.

I tried everything from reinstalling the SOS to generating the new key as well but nothing has helped.

Please help.

Beth

Re: Unable to view the database even after successfull login

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 am

Do you have rights to see the contents of the database?

If you login to an SOS client on another user's machine that works, can you see anything there, or if another user logs into your machine, can that user see files and folders?

Do you have access to a VSS client somewhere? If so, what do you see when you login to a VSS client client? You could also have someone try your login from right on the network where the server is using a VSS cient. There would be one installed on the SOS Server.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Kunal

Post by Kunal » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Beth wrote:Do you have rights to see the contents of the database?

If you login to an SOS client on another user's machine that works, can you see anything there, or if another user logs into your machine, can that user see files and folders?

Do you have access to a VSS client somewhere? If so, what do you see when you login to a VSS client client? You could also have someone try your login from right on the network where the server is using a VSS cient. There would be one installed on the SOS Server.

Yes, I am able to see the database details on others machine. But when I used others credentials on my machine it did not work for me.

Also, I was able to view the database using my key and my credentials on my colleagues machine.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:41 pm

What version of SOS are you installing?

What version is your SOS server?

What is the OS on your machine?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

ckelley

Post by ckelley » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 pm

I think I just started having the same problem as reported by Kunal. Here are my symptoms:
  • Everything was fine until Friday evening at 8:30pm. Then, I could log in, but see no Project Folders and no Details.
  • The Output window shows "Logging in..." and "Login successful". But, it doesn't show "Updating file list: $/" and "Received file list: $/".
  • My client is SOS 5.0.3 over Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
  • The SOS Server Manager System Info tab says its version 5.0 running on Windows NT 6.0. But, we believe the OS is really Windows 2008 Server x64.
  • My coworker can login to the server from his PC using my credentials and everything works.
  • I can login to another SOS server and everything works.
  • I tried restarting my PC, but I still can't see any project folders.
  • I tried reinstalling SOS 5.0.3 client, but I still can't see any project folders.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm dead in the water without SOS.

ckelley

Post by ckelley » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:28 pm

I had the same problem as reported by Kunal and fixed it.

THE PROBLEM
----------------
  • Everything was fine until Friday evening at 8:30pm. Then, I could log in, but see no Project Folders and no Details.
  • The Output window shows "Logging in..." and "Login successful". But, it doesn't show "Updating file list: $/" and "Received file list: $/".
  • My client is SOS 5.0.3 over Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
  • The SOS Server Manager System Info tab says its version 5.0 running on Windows NT 6.0. But, we believe the OS is really Windows 2008 Server x64.
  • My coworker can login to the server from his PC using my credentials and everything works.
  • I can login to another SOS server and everything works.
  • I tried restarting my PC, but I still can't see any project folders.
  • I tried reinstalling SOS 5.0.3 client, but I still can't see any project folders.

THE CURE
------------
I fixed it by deleting the SOS local cache directory for the server located in C:\Users\{userName}\AppData\Local\SourceGear\SourceOffSite\servers. The sub-directory that I deleted was named for the IP address of the server in question. I'm guessing it had been corrupted.