VS2010 plugin leaves some files checked out with no warning

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tomkeller02

VS2010 plugin leaves some files checked out with no warning

Post by tomkeller02 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Using SOS Client 5.0.3 Pro, with Visual Studio 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel with SOS plugin, on Win7 Pro SP1 with current updates.
Using licensed SOS Server 5.0.3.324 Pro on Win2003 Server with current updates. VSS repository is in shared folder on Win2012 Server with current updates. Specified Temp folder as a subfolder of that share.

I have a few files checked out in each of a few folders (some SQL files in one project, some ASP and .Net files in another project, all in one solution).

I use the SOS panel in VS2010 to provide a comment and check in all files at once. VS2010 gives no warning or error, and all seems well. However, SOS client (and VSS client on SOS server machine) confirm that some of the SQL files did not get checked in. I can use the SOS client to check them in, or next time I restart VS2010, it will realize they are still not checked in.

No errors in SOS Server log.txt with standard ERROR level logging. Is there something specific I should look for if I enable DEBUG logging?

Beth

Re: VS2010 plugin leaves some files checked out with no warn

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Is your output pane in VS open so that you can see messages as you check in?

After the files are checked in, are there locks next to the file name in the VS solution explorer?

Have you had any more check ins since Friday to see if it happens again?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tomkeller02

Post by tomkeller02 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:02 pm

I believe it did show locks afterward on the files it did not check in. The output window is in the same tab strip as the pending check in window, so I do not usually view the activity there. I will double-check both those things next time I check in several files from several folders. I have checked in smaller numbers since then with no problem, except the opposite: sometimes files that I uncheck in the pending list get checked in.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:40 am

On the files that check in even when you check them, what file types are they?

If there is a convenient time for you to show me either of the actions happening, then send me an email and I'll take a closer look. That email should go to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support