Error: The Network Connection to the Server was closed

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

MarkGosden

Error: The Network Connection to the Server was closed

Post by MarkGosden » Tue May 12, 2015 9:15 am

Hi there

We have a Server 2008R2 machine running SOS 5. We have 7 users. Most users are able to use SOS fine (clients version 4.2 and 5).

I have 2 clients who, when they connect, are fine until they try to "Get Latest Version" or check a file out. The client pauses and then returns the error message in the title above. Keep alives work fine until a file operation is attempted. The server log file simply reports:

2015-05-08 15:47:33,244 - MessageBody.Send() did not send the main body. (Sent 0 of 256 bytes). Exception: Socket Exception: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (WSA Error: 10054. Exception: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

What is odd is that I personally have 2 computers - a desktop and a laptop. My desktop is fine, my laptop not so.

I have tried everything I can think of on the clients, disabling firewalls / AV, network card drivers etc along with client reinstalls, all to no avail.

Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

Beth

Re: Error: The Network Connection to the Server was closed

Post by Beth » Wed May 13, 2015 8:49 am

What are the sizes of the files you are working with?

What OSs do the users who work find have running?

Are all the machines, the working and the non-working in the same physical location and using the same network?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

MarkGosden

Post by MarkGosden » Thu May 14, 2015 4:52 am

Thanks for posting back.

The size of the files vary - from a few KB to a few MB.

The users who are fine run Windows 7 and 8.1. Those having this trouble are running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

All the machines that are not working are on the same network (same subnet) and in the same room. We also, yesterday for the first time, had a user on a Cisco AnyConnect VPN connection have the same issue from their home location. The VPN comes into the same network however.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu May 14, 2015 8:49 am

Can you run a test or two from the problem machines and just manipulate very small files and see if the error still happens? Maybe just get one small text file and see the results?

Can users check in files?

If the tests in the first two lines don't work, then turn on Verbose logging in the client. That is in the Tools - Options - Logging.

Also, on the server find the log.txt file in the SourceOffSite Server directory and clear it. Then edit the SOSService.exe.config fie and change the priority level for the logging to ALL. After that, restart the SOS Service in the Administrative Tools - Services and that should get the logging bumped up. Have the users try again and send me the client log found in %temp% and the server log.txt. You can send that to support at sourcegear.com and include a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support