List of explicitly specified working folders

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Bill Medland

List of explicitly specified working folders

Post by Bill Medland » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:53 pm

Is there any reasonable way to get a list of explicitly specified working folders?

Having just been caught out, I want to find out which of the 1300 fiolders in the database have explicitly specified working folders and therefore will not be got to where I thought they'd be got. It would be nice if there was a suitable report availbale in the tools.

I presume the answer is "there is no way"

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:57 pm

You can use the command line client's listworkingfolders command. The command line client is located in program files\sourcegear\vault client
You can get help on commands using the vault.exe HELP command.

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:18 pm

Not much help on SourceOffsite, I'm afraid.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:30 pm

Sorry, I got my support forums mixed up. I'll sneak away slowly and let one of the SOS experts answer this.

corey

Post by corey » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:54 pm

No, there is no such utility available for SOS. The only thing which may help somewhat would be to manually look at the contents of your .sos file. It is a flattened, textual representation of the repository, and working folders are stored inside. However, its not very readable. But if you opened the file with a text editor and searched for something like "C:" (assuming your working folders are on your C drive) you would be able to see what working folders are listed in the file. The line directly above the working folder is the name of the VSS folder on which this working folder is set - however, its just the name of the VSS folder, not the full path, so it may not be useful.

.sos files are stored in your Documents and Settings folder in Application Data/SourceGear/.../
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

bfinney

Post by bfinney » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:44 pm

One other thing that might help:

You can do a recursive get with the command line client using the -soshome parameter and -verbose. If you pipe the output to a file, it's not too painful to pick through it for non-inherited working folders.

The command would look something like:

soscmd -command getproject -server host:#### -name user -password pword -alias Database1 -project $/ -recursive -verbose -soshome "C:\Documents and Settings\domain username\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS" > result.txt

Of course, if you have a ton of files in the database, it may take a while.
Brody Finney
SourceGear QA Thug
"I break things for a living"