Starting SourceOffSite as a Service Problem

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jason_Ho

Starting SourceOffSite as a Service Problem

Post by Jason_Ho » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:21 pm

Hi, everytime i reboot my computer I have to manually start sourceoffsite in the services control panel even though i have it set to Automatically start. I was wondering if this has happend before and if there is a fix. If there is no fix, what is the cmd syntax to start the SourceOffSite service in a console window. This is so that i can have it execute a batch file when the computer starts up.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Jason

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:37 pm

jason:

what account is configured to run the sos service? is it the "local system" account?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Jason_Ho

Post by Jason_Ho » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:40 pm

Yes and No Im using a domain account that has administrator on the machine, but I also tried it out by setting it to login using the local account and experienced the same problems.

thank you,

Jason

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:53 pm

This is a known issue. We think it happens because when the server machine starts up, certain network resources may not be available at the time the SOS Server service is starting.

This has been fixed for SOS 4.0. You can set a "pause" time for the SOS Server service.

In the meantime, to start the service from the command line, use "NET START sossvrsvc."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager