Problem Adding Solution to SourceSafe via SOS3.5.3

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tparigi

Problem Adding Solution to SourceSafe via SOS3.5.3

Post by tparigi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:23 pm

We have a solution with one project in it. We click Add Solution to Source Safe. I select a project in the popup that asks for a project location. I then click ok, and it starts adding files.

After adding everything it pops up a window that says "Failed to check in one or more files. Some files remain checked out or not added."

After clicking ok on that popup, it pops up another window that says "Some of the items you attempted to add to source control do not exist on disk and could not be added. If these items are user-specific, such as build outputs, you should exclude them from source control." The items do exist on disk. I have verfied that.

I've tried many things to get past this problem, and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tparigi

Directory tree too deep

Post by tparigi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:45 pm

it turns out that if you create the dir tree manually, the files can be added via SOS. However, it looks like SOS will not create the directories once you get to about 8 deep.

i'd be interested to know if this is a bug in SOS. if so, is there a patch for it? does SOS4 fix it? if we have already bought licenses of SOS3 is the an upgrade path available for SOS4

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:56 pm

There may be a limitation in the number of characters in a pathname. What would the full path be, either on the local disk or in the database?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Stephane D.

Post by Stephane D. » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:43 am

SOS cannot add empty sub-folders. For ex, Folder A contains folder A1 and A2 which contains files. A1 and A2 cannot be added because A does not contain any file. Either you should create folders manually, or add a dummy file in folder A.