Issue with "Add Files" dialog

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

denisa

Issue with "Add Files" dialog

Post by denisa » Thu May 12, 2005 9:57 am

(using SourceOffSite 4.1)

I recently ran into an issue with the "Add Files" dialog. If you click the OK button and the "Files to add" list box is empty, SOS ends up adding (to source control) a complete copy of the folder selected in the "Folders" list box under that folder.

For some reason, I was thinking that to add a file to SOS, I needed to select a folder, then select the file I want to add (select it in the "Files" list box), and then click the OK button. Didn't pay attention to the fact that I needed to click the "Add" button to add the file to the "Files to add" list box first.

I realize that this is ultimately user error, but this issue could have been adverted if the OK button would be disabled until one or more files have been added to the "Files to add" list box. If you don't want to disable the OK button, then at least pop up a message box when the OK button is clicked and "Files to add" is empty telling the user they need to add files to "Files to add" first before the dialog can be closed via the OK button.