IDE logs off by a time out, no good way to re-login

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

KevinC

IDE logs off by a time out, no good way to re-login

Post by KevinC » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:41 pm

If I do not check something out for a while SOS times out and disconnects and I can't find a good way to reconnect.

If I try to check out a file after getting disconnected (or do anything from the source control menu in the .net IDE) I have to wait a minute for the checkout attempt to time out and return a message stating that I am disconnected and asking if I want to reconnect.

Is there a better way to re-connect than this? The only way I know of to avoid a length re-login process is to close .net and re-open.

Thanks,
Kevin

bischowski

Post by bischowski » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:29 am

set a keep-alive in Tools->Options->General

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:58 pm

Did this take care of the problem? Let me know if it didn't.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:57 am

I had Keep Alive in SOS set before and it didn't help. I've set it again in the SOS program to make sure. However, I may not have been clear enough: The problem is in the Visual Studio IDE. If the SOS manager program logs off I can always stop the process and get logged on quickly, in VS it is another story.

The problem is in the Visual Studio IDE. If I get a time out I have to wait a minute or two before I get control of VS again and I have found no way around this.

Kevin

corey

Post by corey » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:09 pm

The keep-alive signal did not work within the IDE in SOS 3.5 due to a bug. That problem has been fixed in 4.0. In 4.0, setting the keep-alive signal within SOS Options should prevent the disconnect from occuring.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:47 pm

Thanks for the info. I will stop looking for a way around this and start agitating for a upgrade.

atelford

Post by atelford » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:32 am

I have the exact same problem in the collab version 1.1.2 . We have 3 developers using it, including myself, we all have varying problems like this using exactly the same projects. In my case within the VS.Net IDE my connection must time out, I try to check something out, it takes a long time and asks me to reconnect which I say yes to and off it goes. If I am checking in multiple files it does the same thing but for every single damn file. On another project I get the same behaviour but when I say reconnect it won't, it just keep prompting, I have to reopen the project, its a real pain in the ass.

Keep alive is on as is connect to last server.

GothAndy

"Attempt to Reconnect?" Error

Post by GothAndy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:06 am

I've just installed SourceOffSite Collab Edition (verison 1.1.2) and I'm getting the same annoying "The connection to the server has been closed." error.

I've just tried checkin in a whole project and I'm getting prompted to reconnect for each individual file.

I'm still on the 30day trial period and I'm very keen to get this work as the product is going to be very useful. Is there any easy way of getting round the continual connection problems?

GothAndy

"Attempt to Reconnect?" Error

Post by GothAndy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:14 am

Just re-reading my post I should also say:

I'm using Visual Studio.NET 2003.

I've ammended all the keep alive and reconnect settings that I can.

The problem occurs both on the windows and IDE client (it's fine on the web client).

corey

Post by corey » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:55 am

Can you both repost your Collab issues to the Collab support forum? That will eliminate any confusion and hopefully trigger some responses.