Web Projects and web deployment

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

shollackm

Web Projects and web deployment

Post by shollackm » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:40 pm

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:04 pm Post subject: Web Projects with SourceOffsite Classic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have a current project with the name of "crowe chizek". I have inherited the source code configuration from another person. We suspect that the web project setup will not function correctly with a project name that contains a space.

Here is how we tried to set this up:

Source Safe Project:
$Crowe Chizek/website

Deploy Directory:
\\vbprodweb01\crowechizek.com\

Can anyone give me a tip on how to make this work in short of having to rename my project. Or maybe that is the only way.

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:57 pm

Can you set up successful web project deployment for projects with no spaces in the name?

Web deploy should work for projects with spaces in the name. There may be some other configuration issue. Web deploy info is case sensitive, so verify that the project name and the name entered into the Web Projects tab match in terms of case. Verify that you only have one space and not two.

Also, verify that the account used by the SOS Server Service has access to \\vbprodweb01\crowechizek.com\.

On Windows 2000, this option is available from Control Panels -> Administrative Tasks -> Services -> SourceOffSite -> (right click) Properties -> Logon. You may need to use a domain account such as domainname\username.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

shollackm

Web Deployment Issues

Post by shollackm » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:17 am

Thank You! It was a combination of case-sensivite names and the service account not having access to the file shares.

Take care!