SOS 4. client crashes when it comes to front

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Xavier

SOS 4. client crashes when it comes to front

Post by Xavier » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:27 am

Hello,

I'm having the following problem very frequently:
SOS client 4.1 (after a fresh uninstall/reinstall)
VisualStudio 6.0sp6
Visual.Net2003 french

I, most of the time, have Visual and SOS open; sometimes the three applications are open. I always have the same project open under Visual and SOS.
I use a secure port with compression, keep alive signal and auto-refresh in all applications.

When I have Visual Studio as the foreground application and then select SOS from the task bar to put it to front it crashes almost immediately (the window is displayed shortly).

Xavier PICAT

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:23 pm

What version of the SOS Server are you using? Are there any messages on the client side when the SOS Client crashes?

Try to reproduce the crash and then send me a copy of the SOS server log. It's called log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory. Be sure to include a link to this forum post and also let me know what time in the log corresponds to the crash.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:57 am

Hello,

the server is v4.0.2.151, the vssapi.dll is 6.0.92.38, the log.txt is attached, but there is only one log file, and it only has entries for today. There are strane errors though...

It seems to be VSS6.0C. What should we do ?
Upgrade to 6.0d ? patch the 6.0C (I saw you recommended some on other post) ?

We are often disconnected from the remote server, I though it was a DSL disconnection, but it seems to be due to some other issue.

Is connecting from two PCs with the same user account supported ?

Xavier
Attachments
log2.txt
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 443 times