the sos client dosn't respond.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

the sos client dosn't respond.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:14 am

When I transfer a big file (10M+) ,the sos client dosn't respond.could somebody help me.Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:46 am

What type of connection do you have? How long did you wait for the file to upload? Did you see any error messages? Is the problem just with this file or any large file?

SOS should be able to handle a file this size. First, is there a firewall between the SOS client and the SOS Server? If so, see if it might be configured to close connections after a certain amount of time or after a certain amount of data has passed through.

Next, if you are using encryption and/or compression, try turning off compression or encryption or both and see if that makes a difference. The compression setting is in the Client under Tools->Options->General. To "turn off" encryption, connect to the unsecure port rather than the secure port.

If none of these suggestions help, please send me a copy of the SOS server log file. Enable verbose logging in the Debug tab of the SOS Server Manager and in General Settings ->Logging, set the logging to overwrite at startup. Restart the SOS Sever. Then perform the operations which are failing. Send me a copy of the log.txt file located in the SOS directory on the SOS Server machine. Let me know what username you were logged in under and the approximate time in the log that corresponds with the failed operation.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager