Pinning - Help!

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

lgentry

Pinning - Help!

Post by lgentry » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:50 pm

I'm afraid I'm missing something painfully obvious, but I've searched and can't find any information on my problem. I'm not having trouble with pinning/unpinning, I'm not even able to try. When I view history of a file there is no button for pinning/unpinning. In my file lists, no files that appear pinned through a VSS client show the pinned icon in the SOS file listing.

When I tryed to find information in the documentation and online, it indicated that pinning had to be enabled on the "Pin Support" tab of the server manager. Well, when I open server manager I have no such tab. I know this must seem awfully basic and hopefully I'm missing something simple. If anyone can get me started towards enabling my SOS implementation to support pinned objects to my users, it would be a *huge* help.

SSAPI.dll version (on SOS server machine): 6.0.88.35
VSS version: 6.0a
SOS Server version: 4.0.2
SOS client(s): 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 4.0, 4.1

Regards,
Luke Gentry

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:57 pm

My first suggestion is to upgrade your SOS Server and all of your Clients to 4.1. Using mismatched versions as you are, could result in unexpected behavior.

Let me know if upgrading doesn't resolve the problem.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

lgentry

Post by lgentry » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:20 pm

Tonya,

Thanks for the suggestion. This seems to have helped, but not gotten us all of the way there. I upgraded to the Server to 4.1 and am now only connecting with 4.1 clients. My 4.1 client now shows a <Pin> button when I view file history, but it still isn't recognizing existing pins in my VSS database.

So, it seems to want to let me pin/unpin, but it is not recognizing that I already have things pinned.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help,
Luke

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:58 am

You will probably need to upgrade your VSS version to 6.0d. This pinning issue is probably related to the API for VSS 6.0a that you are currently using. Upgrading should take care of the problem, please let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:10 am

Thank you for your prompt help. Ugrading VSS on the server machine does seem to have resolved my pinning issues.

Sincerely,
Luke