SOS 3.5.3 Client 'login' dialog box gets hidden...

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

malakai

SOS 3.5.3 Client 'login' dialog box gets hidden...

Post by malakai » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:39 am

I'm having an issue. Not sure what triggered it but it seems to be happening more. It might be because I'm on Server 2003 now.

There exists a set of circumstances that leads to the following problem. My solution will be left open, with the 'Change Source Control' dialog box up in the center of the screen. This dialog appears to be 'Modal' for the solution. Minimize/restore of the solution brings this dialog box to the top. However, once I click the 'Connect' button (to connect a disconnected/offline project) this dialog box is no longer selectable. It has caused the SOS 'login' dialog box to be shown, but for some reason, it's not visible. It is in fact _behind_ the 'Change Source Control' dialogbox, which is modal if you recall. This means, unless I move the Change source dialog box to the side before clicking 'connect' i will never be able to reach the login dialog box.

In essence, my solution is locked. I have to end task it. I used SPYXX.exe to search for the SOS window, and it's certainly there, and hidden behind the modal 'Change source'. I didn't investigate any further (not sure who it's parent hwnd was, but obviously it's not the 'Change Source' window).

I'm not sure how this dialog box gets shown. I do know that previously it used to bring a random 'other' window to foreground when it would show the login dialog box. Not sure what that was about. Are there some pecularities with this process? What window should own that login dialog?

Anyone else have this occur?

-frank