4.1.2 under fedora core 3

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

4.1.2 under fedora core 3

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:34 am

I'm running FC3, the new 4.1.2 needs libreadline-5.0 instead of 4.3 which fedora core 3 has. I installed the libreadine-5.0 rpm --excludedocs, but now when I try to launch sos I get an error:

sos: symbol lookup error: sos: undefined symbol: g_get_filename_charsets

I was upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 in the hopes it would fix a few problems (if there is no merge tool, 4.1.1 always complains it can't merge even when you've told it not to try; when you checkout with [./] Don't overwrite local files, it overwrites local files; and my client hung when I tried to set a working directory for a sub-path). Unfortunately I uninstalled 4.1.1 without realizing I didn't have a copy of the installer handy.

Since 4.1.1 is no-longer available for download, I'm really hoping someone else has overcome this particular issue with 4.1.2?

- Oliver

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:47 pm

Fedora Core 3 ships with GLIB and GTK version 2.4.7, but SOS 4.1.2 requires at least version 2.6.0 of GLIB and GTK. These newer versions are present in Fedora Core 4.

You can get updated GLIB and GTK RPMS for Fedora Core 3 at http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/. You may need additional packages that GLIB and GTK depend on (which should be available from the same site). These packages have not been tested by SourceGear.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`