File Status Problem

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rcharisse

File Status Problem

Post by rcharisse » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:44 am

I'm using the SOS GUI client 3.5.3 with the soscmd command line utility and I'm having problems with checking in files.

Whenever I check a file in using soscmd, the GUI client sets the status of that file to 'old'. Although this isn't fatal, it is annoying and I was wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong. I've tried using -workdir and -soshome but the same thing happens every time. Does anyone have any ideas?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:51 am

This could happen if you had files in the working directory, but checked out the file and didn't specify the working directory path, or checked the file out to a different directory than the working directory set in the GUI client. For instance, if you don't specify a working directory, then the file is fetched to the SOS client directory.

When you check the file back in, then the file in the working directory of the GUI client is now "old" because the checked in file came from another location on the drive.

When you use -workdir, provide the path to the working directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rcharisse

Solution

Post by rcharisse » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:17 am

Thanks but I've solved it now. I was setting the working directory and using -soshome but it turned out the problem was that I was putting a '\' at the end of the -soshome and -workdir directories and that was causing the parameters to not be accepted correctly.

Thanks for the help anyway.