"Error sending data to server"

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

blehenbauer

"Error sending data to server"

Post by blehenbauer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:51 am

My developers are currently getting this error when trying to get the latest version of source from SOS 4.0. When we do a recursive get that is not overwriting anything, we get "Error sending data to server". This then disconnects us from the server. The only way around this is to get each directory individually (a real pain).

Is there somewhere I can look for more information on this error message? I apologize if this question has been asked before or if I missed it when looking at the documentation.

Thanks for reading,
Bonnie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:54 pm

The "Error sending data to server" is a generic error that means that the communication between the SOS Client and Server was broken during the recursive operation.

SourceOffSite (SOS) does not have a timeout or close client/server
session connections. The SOS Client can stay connected to the SOS
Server indefinitely.

Could a third party, like a firewall be closing the connection? Some firewalls are configured to close a connection after a certain amount of time or after a certain amount of data has passed.

Is there anything relating to this error in the log.txt file of the SOS Server? If you want a higher level of information, you can set the log to debug mode:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463

Let me know what you find out.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

blehenbauer

Post by blehenbauer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:19 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.

We do not have a firewall set up between our clients and server at this time.

Looking at that log file it is a "Connection reset by peer" error that we get. I think it only occurs when you are grabbing new files and not when you are getting updates. Does this additional information help?