File Status in VB6 IDE

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Matthew

File Status in VB6 IDE

Post by Matthew » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:00 pm

All the file statuses are unknown when I have a project open in the IDE (they have a red !) by them. When I use the SourceOffsite program everything looks normal.

Matthew

Additional Info

Post by Matthew » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:31 pm

I'm using Source Offsite 4.0 client on an XP machine. The server is also version 4.0 and although it's on the company network it's not the computer that actually hosts the VSS database.

corey

Post by corey » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:44 pm

Is this a project you just recently added to source control?

If you perform a Get Latest Version on one of the files, what happens?

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:47 am

The project is one that's been around for a while. I've tried get latest/ checking stuff in and out but nothing seems to help.

I just opened the project this morning and a few of the files don't have the ! by them, these are all ones I recently worked on and checked in.

It seems like the software can't tell if the local files are the same as what's in source safe. When I do a checkout on the a file with the ! it says that the file may have been modified and prompts me for what it should do.

corey

Post by corey » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:12 am

Did you install SOS 4.0 to the same directory as your 3.5 Client? The SOS 4.0 client was designed to use the same cache file format (for remembering file statuses) as 3.5, but 4.0 will only find those cache files if stored to the same directory as 3.5.

If you use the 4.0 GUI Client, I'm guessing all of your file statuses appear as Unknown. If that's true, then using the GUI Client, go to the Files tab of Options and turn on checksums, then refresh your file lists. The Unknown statuses should disappear, and your VB problem should then go away.

Matthew

Thanks corey

Post by Matthew » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:41 am

I've only been working with version 4, I didn't have the old version installed previously.

I made the options change and after I did a get latest everything looks good.

Thanks for the help!

heath

Post by heath » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:47 pm

Make sure you turn off checksums now that your status is updated. Leaving it on may affect performance.
Go Illini!