How to refresh project list using soscmd?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vbman

How to refresh project list using soscmd?

Post by vbman » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:04 am

I am using soscmd ( command line). It is connected to remote VSS. When any file is deleted from remote VSS, soscmd gives error. However, it doesn't update the sos database. Hence, during next soscmd it again tries to download the same deleted file..and thus again error message. Please guide me how can i solve this problem. Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:16 pm

There's not refresh command as such, but you can try doing a GetFileList which would refresh the file list.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

alexandercelino

Re: How to refresh project list using soscmd?

Post by alexandercelino » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:26 am

vbman wrote:I am using soscmd ( command line). It is connected to remote VSS. When any file is deleted from remote VSS, soscmd gives error. However, it doesn't update the sos database. Hence, during next soscmd it again tries to download the same deleted file..and thus again error message. Please guide me how can i solve this problem. Thanks.
you have to purge files - that is delete them permanently. that behavior is like what is stated here: http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/manual/ov ... BELVERSION

on the other hand.. i am having problems with labels in both the GUI and cmd versions. it's when i re-label a modified file with the same label.

scenario:

1) i checked in a file and then labeledit "LBL" in VSS..
2) i checked it out and then later made changes to that file
3) i checked it in again. i labeled the file "LBL" in VSS.
4) i retrieved it by label. the label i used is of course "LBL".
5) i get the older file .. like it does not recognize the older "LBL".

what is wrong? i think the problem maybe like ehat that URL said. "The SourceSafe Automation layer does not provide a reasonable method of determining which happened first"
any suggestions for a solution?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:20 pm

We can't reproduce this.

I tried this with SOS 3.5.3 and my colleague tried it with SOS 4.0. In both cases, we labeled a file in the VSS Client, checked out the file with SOS and edited it, checked it back in with SOS, then labeled it in VSS with the same label, and then got the version from the latest label, as expected.

We used the GUI client since you can't do a Get by Label of a file in the Command Line Client.

Maybe we're missing something. Could you review your steps and if you're doing something different from our steps, provide more specifics?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager