shared files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

york

shared files

Post by york » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:36 am

SourceOffsite uses a special file icon to indicate when files are shared between projects. How can you find out which projects share those files? If I recall correctly, in the SourceSafe GUI there is a property sheet with a "Share" tab. What is the equivalent in SourceOffsite?

Thanks!

heath

Post by heath » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:38 pm

Right click on the file and choose properties. One of the tabs on the dialog that appears will tell you what you're looking for. I think it is called "Links" (I don't have SOS at this location).
Go Illini!

york

shared files

Post by york » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:02 pm

Heath,

Thanks for the reply. The step you described is exactly what I was looking to do in the first place, but...I don't seem to have a "Properties" item when I right-click. Any idea why this would be?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:07 pm

Are you using SOS 3.5.3?

This is a known bug in SOS 3.5.3, but has been fixed in SOS 4.0

If you share files in Project A into Project B, and then delete (but not destroy) Project A, when you try to view the properties of the files in Project B you will get the file or project not found error.

If you destroy Project A (or purge in VSS), then you should be able to see the properties of the files in Project B.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

york

shared files

Post by york » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:09 pm

Hi,

I'm using SourceOffsite Professional 3.0 (which is what our systems department installed on my laptop before it was handed over to me). Is this very outdated?

Anyway, I'm not getting an error. The problem is that the "Properties" item doesn't ever appear when I right-click. It's just not an option for me. Was that maybe a limitation at 3.0?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:31 pm

Well, that would explain it. SOS did not support Show Properties until version 3.5.2.

SOS 3.0 was released in May, 2000.

Since any 3.x license will work in any SOS 3.x server, you could upgrade to SOS 3.5.3 at no charge.

Just download the installers from:

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/downloads.asp

Scroll down to see the 3.5.3 installers. You should upgrade both SOS client and server to get the new features.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager