Old Database contents still shows up

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mark64

Old Database contents still shows up

Post by mark64 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:07 am

Today, I moved a Vss database from one system to another. I modified the SOS Server to point to the new location and I stopped and started the server.

Before I did that, I setup a test database and had a few people connect to it. That database has since been removed. That test database only had a few files in it.

Today, when those users logged in to the SOS server that they used to connect to the test database, the old contents of the database still showed up, even though it was removed from the server.

I then shut down SOS and went to Program Files > Source Offsite > Servers and removed the server Entry.

When I started SOS, the default server still came up and when the user logged in, the old database image was still seen.

The users are running Windows 2000 or XP.

Does the server info get stored somewhere else other the the server folder in the SourceOffsite folder?

Just wondering how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Mark

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:47 am

First, verify that you have only one installation of the SOS Server. If you have more than one, it's possible the SOS Server service is pointing to the wrong one, and changes you make to the Server Manager aren't affecting the server the users are actually connecting to.

Also confirm that the database(s) are correctly configured. Unless the SOS Server is restarted, changes to the Server Manager do not take effect.

If this seems in order, the client machines may be using registry and cached information about the previous connection.

Following the steps below should allow you to specify which Server and
port to connect to next time you launch the SOS Client:

1. Close the SOS Client.

2. On the SOS Client machine, start regedit.exe (the Registry Editor).

3. Open My Computer -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software ->
SourceOffSite -> SourceOffSite -> Settings.

4. Under Settings, delete the following entries: Last Port, Last Server,
Server List and Server Port List.

5. Exit regedit.exe.

6. Restart the SOS Client. You should get an empty "connect to server"
window.

To connect to the appropriate server, the users should type in the name and port number.

They may need to refresh the Project Tree from root (under View in the SOS Client) to see the most current version of the tree.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager