"Error loading resource string"

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmoy

"Error loading resource string"

Post by jmoy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:12 pm

Hi, hope you can help out -

We have SOS 3.5.1 Standard running on Win2K, which has been running great with the 3.5.3 Windows GUI client for a couple of years.

I now have a need to run a client from Linux (Mandrake 8.1), so I am running the 3.5 soscmd from there and have success checking out files, but cannot check back in.

The command I've issued is as follows:

Code: Select all

$ soscmd -command CheckInFile -server steamboat:8888 -name jim -password '' -database 'G:\vss\srcsafe.ini' -project '$/Work' -workdir /home/jmoy/work -file main.c -verbose
The result I get back on the Linux command line is this:

SourceOffSite Command Line Client: 128 bit Encryption version 3.5
Connected to server steamboat at port 8888.
Received Challenge from server
Successfully logged in.
Sending CheckInFile Command to server.
Error:  Server response = 400 OperationFailed
Closed connection to server steamboat at port 8888.
and the error on the Win2k server, with the verbose option turned on in ServerMgr.exe, is this:

Error loading resource string
The CheckOutFile operation seems to work fine, the status is reflected in the Windows client and the file is unlocked.

Any help you could provide would be great, thanks.

Jim Moy
Cerience Corporation

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:53 pm

Is this error specific to the Unix Command Line Client? Can you perform this operation using the Windows CLC?

We've had some previous reports of this error and it seems to be related to the SourceSafe Automation Component.

One user with this error had multiple file checkouts enabled. They checked in all files with the VSS Client (you can undo the Unix checkout by logging in to any VSS Client as the Admin user). After that they were able to checkout and checkin with no problem.

Another report of this error brought a suggestion to reinstall VSS on the SOS Server machine.

If you determine this error is specific to the Unix client, let us know and we'll troubleshoot further.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jmoy

Post by jmoy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:40 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The problem does occur from both the Windows and Unix clients. I've confirmed the problem occurs on files that have been multiply checked out.

Files that have not been multiply checked out get properly checked in, but then return a "419 CheckinMergeFailed" error. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to change that setting, so I'll have to deal with it for now.