"Check in unchanged files" not possible in SOS?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dirk

"Check in unchanged files" not possible in SOS?

Post by dirk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:55 am

We run SOS 3.5.3 and VSS 6
In VSS the General option "Check in unchanged files" is set to "Check In", which implies that any comment change initiates a new file revision even when the file content is not changed. This is an important feature for us, as we search the comments for specific strings. However, when checking in the file through SOS, I can still enter a comment but now new revision is generated. Result: I feel confident that i have entered a new comment but no comment is added at all! A nasty problem... Any suggestions?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:26 am

This behavior is controlled by VSS, not SOS. I was able to reproduce what you are seeing and also get it to work the way you'd like.

The SOS Server is behaving like a VSS client on the LAN and communicating through the VSS API provided by the VSS Client on the SOS Server machine.

Change the option for "Check in unchanged files" to "Check In" on the VSS Client on the SOS Server machine. You may need to log in to that VSS client as each of your users, as the options generally are set by user profile.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager