Check-in problem with generated comments

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

paul

Check-in problem with generated comments

Post by paul » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:16 am

Using SOS 4.0 client and server. Often times when I check-in a file that has SourceSafe inserted comments turned on, I'll get a merge error. The error results in my local copy not having the generated comments added and I usually end up having to get the latest from SS again, this time overwriting my local copy. This in turn will change the time stamp on my local file which leads to more re-compiles. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Paul

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:30 pm

I don't think we've had this reported. Is this some thing you can reproduce? If so could you post the steps so we can reproduce it in-house? Also let us know what version of VSS is installed on the SOS Server machine. We've found some differences in behavior in SOS depending on the version of the SourceSafe API it's using.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

paul

Post by paul » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:40 am

Steps to reproduce are simple: enable keyword expansion, add a keyword to your sourcefile in a comment block (I used $Log $), check in the file, add a check in comment, you should receive a merger error.

We've decided to simply turn off keyword expansion in VSS since it provides no value to us (not sure why it was ever on), so it's not a high priority for us.

We're using VSS 6.0c with SOS 4.0 clients and server.

-Paul