Question Re: Getting files by label.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Question Re: Getting files by label.

Post by Guest » Tue May 11, 2004 10:39 am

If we were to label a series of files and click on get (in the history) for one of these labeled files, and then proceed to get files by label, are all the labeled files supposed to be downloaded into the working directory? That is how I understand it, but I am not sure if I am right. I have tried getting a few test label files but they do not go into my work directory. I have tried with and without recursive being clicked.

I am running version 3.5

SourceGear Support

Post by SourceGear Support » Tue May 11, 2004 3:01 pm

There's definitely a bug here... but it looks like it's in VSS.

In both SOS and VSS, doing a history operation on an individual file that bears a label and doing a "get" on the label works as expected.

If the history operation is performed at a folder level above the labeled file, neither VSS nor SOS can get labels applied to individual files. The manifestations of the errors are different, but the underlying cause is almost certainly the same. When an attempt is made in VSS, the user receives a "version not found" error. This occurs even if the label was applied by VSS itself.

Certainly there's a bug here, but it looks like it's deep in how VSS handles file labels, and as such is beyond our control.