In order to fix the problem you must:
- Make a listing of your WORKING FOLDER assignments. This can be seen in the SOS 5 GUI "working folder" dashboard tab.
- Shut down ALL SOS 5 clients - GUI client as well as any instance of an IDE client running in another process.
- Upgrade / install SourceOffSite 5.0.2.
- Delete your SOS 5 cache files. Within your LOCAL Application Data directory, there is a SourceGear\SourceOffsite\servers\ directory. This is the location of your cache files. The servers\ or all sub-folders under servers\ must be deleted. You can also rename the folders if you wish.
- Start the SOS 5.0.2 client. This will generate a NEW cache scheme, and use the fixed behavior of SOS 5.0.2.
- Reset all working folders using the data from the first step. If files are "unknown" you can use CRCs to update the file list OR re-retrieve the files.