Can not add more than 3 projects to SOS Collab

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:06 am
I originally had a demo license running on the server and had set up 3+ projects but could only ever see the first 3 projects that were created. I have since purchased a production license and can still not create or see any more than 3 projects. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Isaac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:32 am
Ah I think this may be a bug? My account is part of the main administrators group and I can see the System Admin/Projects form. I can add projects, but can not see the projects that I add.
If I log in under the admin account (I had forgotten the password) I can see the projects and have to add my account in to the admin group for each project, then when I log in under my account I can see them.

Any word on a date for a new version of sos collab?

Cheers,

Isaac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:47 am
In SOS Collab, administer rights are separate from read and write rights. So even though you are in the Admin group, you still need to add yourself to a group that has read/write access to that project. Generally this can be the Developers group. This is not a bug; it's by design, though it can be confusing.

Also, when you add a project and have read/write access, you still need to log out and log in again before you see the project.

The next generation of SOS Collab will be available sometime this fall.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:06 pm
Thanks for the reply! Yep, slightly confusing but its fine now that I know about it :)

Out of interest, will there be an upgrade option to the new version of sos collab when it is available for existing users of the current version?

Cheers,

Isaac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:35 pm
Yes, there will be an upgrade option, but we haven't finalized all the details.

Stay tuned.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)