After installation, IIS is stopped - killing ProjectServer

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:12 am
Running WinServer 2003, Using SOS Collab edition. After SOS is installed and reboot, SOS is running fine. The problem is that IIS 6.0 is stopped for some reason thus resulting in my MS Project Server 2003 not running. If I try to start IIS I get this error."The process cannot access the file becaause it is being used by another process". Can I not run other websites on the same server with SOS?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:14 am
I can't believe no one else has run into this problem yet or at least has a queation for me....

I'll re-explain this just to make sure everyone understands.

1.) Installed SOScollab onto Win2003 Server. After reboot, everything works fine with SOS.
2.) Then Installed Microsoft Project 2003 Server, reboot and IIS 6.0 says it is stopped. I try to start it and get the error "The process cannot access the file becaause it is being used by another process". The only way I can get IIS 6.0 to start is to stop the SOS web server.
3.) I guess my question is can SOScollab web server run on the same machine as IIS 6.0? I thought SOScollab web server used IIS but I guess it doesn't.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:40 pm
SOS Collab has its own web server. The default port after installation is port 80. If IIS or another application is also using port 80, this will conflict with the SOS Collab web server.

The solution is easy. In the SOS Collab Server Manager->Ports tab, change the port being used by the Collab Web server to 81, 800, or something other than 80.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)