Error after installing SOS Collaborative demo

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:38 pm
Hello,

After installing MSDE and the Collaborative Server for the first time, I received the following error when trying to access Server Administration:

"Error opening XML file (-2147217843) - [Microsoft][ODBC] [SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'gguser'.Reason:Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

I can't seem to get beyond this error. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:49 pm
MSDE must be running in both SQL Server Auth and Windows Auth mixed mode for Collab to be installed properly.

Check that Mixed mode is configured on your MSDE installation ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325022#10 )

Once that is configured correctly and the MSDE server has been restarted, try uninstalling / reinstalling the Collab server.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:21 pm
Jeff,

Now that I've got Collaborative installed, I was wondering if there's a limit on the number of people who can submit bugs via the web client? Our testers have no need to check files in/out, so the number of licenses we purchase will be determined by the number of engineers working on the current project. But, it would be nice if the testers and other users could submit bugs.

Thanks,

Matt
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:22 pm
Jeff,

Does the Admin count as a user/license?

Thanks,

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:34 pm
The Admin does not count as a licensed user.

Users who don't need access to source control can add bugs via the SOS Collab Web Client. They will need web-only licenses, which cost less than the full Windows/Web GUI Client license.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)