Problem accessing network drive repository

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:47 am

I am trying to evaluate SourceOffSite and am having problems accessing the repository.

Situation: The (existing) repository is on a network drive at site A with two developers located there. There are two additional developers at site B. I (one of the ones at site B) can connect to the SourceOffSite installation at site A. I see two repositories under common - one (the real one) on a network drive and another (drivec - a created one) on the same machine as the SourceOffSite Server software. There is one project (ion) that has the drivec repository identified in its Source Code Projects. I am added as a user in the repository (SourceSafe itself) and have been granted the See/View/Read, Modify/Add/Update, and Administer access in the Security Settings for the ion project.

Problem: When I click on either of the repositories and it asks me to login, I provide my login/password and it says it is invalid. This is true on both the network drive repository (where I would really like it to work) and the created one (where I wanted to see if the network drive was the problem). The drivec repository did not have its guest login removed. When I try to to login as guest, I get in fine.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:13 pm
It sounds like you are using SOS Collab, so I've moved your topic.

First, verify that the SOS Collab Primary Server Service is using a Domain Account. This would be in Control Panel->Admin Tools->Services->SOS Collab Primary Server->Properties->Logon. If one of your VSS databases is on a different machine, the service needs to use a domain account (rather than the local System account) to have proper access.

Second, verify you have a valid VSS username and password in each VSS database. This is configured with the VSS Admin Client. Connect to the appropriate database with the SSAdmin.exe and the first thing you'll see is the Users list.

I'm guessing you don't have a VSS account. Logging in as "Guest" works because it's a default VSS account.

Your user account for SOS Collab is not the same as your VSS account. Any project rights in SOS Collab are only for SOS Collab projects; VSS has its own system of project rights.

When you log into SOS Collab and try to access a VSS database, you'll be asked for your VSS login and password. After a successful login, your VSS login will be associated with your SOS Collab login and you won't have to log into VSS again from the SOS Collab Client.

Hope this helps.
Linda Bauer
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)