Users cannot access server; must reboot

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:29 am
Hello,

Approximately once a day, some of our users (some using the Windows Client, some using the Web Client for Bug Tracking) will find that they cannot connect to the SOS server. The only solution is to reboot. The users are getting tired of rebooting - any suggestions?

I'm using SOS Collab 1.1.2.

Thanks,

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:54 am
Are you rebooting the Client machines or the SOS Primary Server machine?

Is the SOS Primary Server still running? Do you have to restart the Primary Server Service before users can connect?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:51 pm
Linda,

The users are rebooting their (client) machines. After they reboot, they connect immediately.

Matt
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:53 pm
Sorry, I didn't completely answer your question. The SOS server is still running, and we have not had to reboot it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:16 am
So once users reboot, they can reconnect, and you haven't restarted the SOS Collab Primary Server Service on the SOS Collab Servers machine.

That rules out a concurrency crash the automation component sections of this SOS Classic KB article also apply to SOS Collab:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1866

If neither web clients and SOS Collab Windows clients can connect, it sounds like a network problem. Rebooting may be re-establishing the network connection.

It might be helpful to see copies of your log files.

In the SOS Collab Server Manager, enable debug support logging in the Primary Server General -> Logging tab and in the Web Server General ->Debug logging and Access logging tabs.

The next time users can't connect, send me copies of the sosce_log.txt, sosceweb_access.txt, and sosceweb_log.txt from the SOS Collab Servers->Logs directory on the SOS Collab Servers machine. (Set logging back to Quiet, since these logs can quickly become huge.)

Be sure to let me know what time in the logs the connection problem happened.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)