Problem with Beyond Compare & Passwords

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:26 am
Dear Support Personnel,

I am facing problem with Beyond compare software provided with your SOS software. Version of SOS is 1.1.1 build 17 & Beyond compare is 1.9 f.

When i try to compare files i get message " License expired " for beyond compare software. It is the evaluation version which you have provided with SOS. Is there any way to resolve this problem.

Another issue is i am required to give password for every 5 to 10 minutes with SOS. While my co workers need to supply password only once when they start SOS session. Is there any setting by which i am required to supply passwords a single time during startup.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amarjeet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:22 am
I've moved your post to the SOS Collab forum.

I'm not sure why Beyond Compare is showing an expiration message. How long has it been since you installed your SOS Collab Client?

Could post or email a copy of your Beyond32.ini file?

Regarding the other logins -- are you getting the login prompts while using the SOS Collab Windows Client or while you are using VS.NET or Visual Studio?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:28 am
Dear Linda,

I am facing the problem of passwords when i am working with any workspace opened in VS .net 2003

Amarjeet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:31 am
beyond32.ini file attachment

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 am
There's no attachment -- maybe our forum doesn't take .ini files. Try renaming it to txt. Or email the file to Linda at Sourcegear.com.

Another idea -- haven't tested this -- would be to reinstall the SOS Collab Windows Client. I don't know that Beyond Compare was supposed to have an expiration date, but perhaps reinstalling will reset it.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)