Problem Uninstall SOS Collab

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:58 am
I requested and receive SOS licenses so that I could move from SOS Collab to SOS. I've been sitting on those licenses for many months but I decided to switch today. When I try to uninstall the SOS Collab server the uninstall asks me if I want to delete the database schema. I responded yes and received error number 0x80040702 with the description "Failed to load dll: _instggs" and setup terminated.

Although the application still appears in Add/Remove Programs the services seem to have been uninstalled.

So I was wondering if there is anything else I should check or whether I should just try using the installer cleanup tool to remove it from add/remove programs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:16 pm
The uninstall couldn't find the file(s) it needed to uninstall. You could re-install and uninstall (is that what you mean by "installer cleanup tool"?).

Also check if the ggdata database has been dropped from SQL Server. If not, you can do this through SQL itself.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:20 am
The ggdata database was still in SQL Server so I dropped that. All the files still appear to be in C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite Collab Servers, including the file referenced in the error message.

I tried reinstalling but that failed as well. I then tried to uninstall again and it gave me some errors but continued and removed SOS Collab Servers from my Add/Remove Programs List. Apparently some of the files are locked so I'll clean those up later.

Thank you for your assistance.

Incidentally, I was referring to the <A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301">Windows Installer Cleanup Utility</A>. I have used it before to cleanup failed uninstalls, but it didn't show SOS Collab, probably because it did not use the Windows Installer.

Return to Support (Collab)